International Folk Art Market!



Lidia de Lopez, maestra tejedora de Antigua, Guatemala


I'm excited to share with you my return to Santa Fe this July, for the first time since 2009. At that time, it was only overnight, and other than that, I haven't spent time there since moving to Mexico! Ironically, I moved in July 2004, the same time that the Museum of International Folk Art had their first market. So I have missed quite a bit in these 19 years!

I'll be working at IFAM in the booth of my friend Lidia Lopez, alongside my friend and Lidia's sponsor, Jennie Frederick. Sadly, Lidia's visa has not arrived and she won't be there with us, but we'll be doing our best to sell her incredible huipiles.

UPDATE! Lidia's visa arrived and she got a flight, so she will be joining us in her booth at IFAM after all. Everyone is excited and delighted for this wonderful turnaround.

Lidia is from San Antonio Aguas Calientes, in Sacatepequez, Guatemala... the village of origin of the first huipil I ever bought. Long before becoming a huipilista! Now, we've been friends for many years, and last year when I went to visit her, I met Jennie Frederick, who is a forever friend of Lidia's. Words can't express how totally honored I am to be representing Lidia at IFAM. Full circle indeed. For more about Lidia and IFAM, click here.


Comments

Popular Posts