MEXICO TEXTIL CENTRO

The Museo de Arte Popular in Mexico City has once again produced an exquisite exhibition of textiles, in an exhibition that opened Saturday, August 28 and runs through January 30, 2021.  MEXICO TEXTIL CENTRO  "addresses the natural wealth and its derivation in artisanal production in the central area of our country, and three nuclei: Air, Earth and Water."  (from an early promo)

Since I was unable to attend the inauguration, I will share with you some photos sent to me by the museum staff. It does indeed look like a comprehensive collection, encompassing several centuries, regions and traditions. 

I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing this could 
be the entrance to the exhibit. 


left; Random Acts of Blueness, Lena Bartula

left: Ritual Chair for Reweaving Our World, Lena Bartula






When I have more information about the works in this exhibition, I'll post again. I look forward to seeing it for myself as soon as I can. For now, please enjoy these photos, and go check it out if you're in Mexico City. Museo de Arte Popular in Centro is located at Revillagigedo 11, in Colonia Centro Alameda.
























Comments

Popular Posts