CAN YOU SHOW ME HOW TO THREAD A NEEDLE?

 As in our last communication, the textile collaborative Yo Te Veo continues this month, with more than 400 eyes looking at me, and more on the way. These are coming in almost daily from stitchers, embroiderers, activists, and concerned, compassionate friends. The contributors come from a wide variety of experience, from beginners: "Can you show me how to thread a needle?" to: "I've never stitched on fabric, only on skin." And all the way to professional textile artists whose squares enliven and inspire me with new stitches and brilliant colors. 

Table full of eyes that are now on the way from three Seattle, WA. groups


Meanwhile, the genocide in Gaza continues, and I continue to stay present, pouring my outrage into this sacred work. I'm grateful to all of you who are with me on this path to mend our world, and want to share with you that our fifth donation has been made this week. The first 4 went to MATW ProjectI decided to shift some to UNRWA, for reasons you likely already know: 

"The colossal humanitarian needs of over 2 million people in Gaza now face the risk of deepening following the decision of 16 donor countries to stop financial support to UNRWA."  

100% of the pesos in the donations jar was transformed into USD, and is on its way to making a real difference to our sisters and brothers in Gaza. 


Emailed receipt from UNRWA


If you didn't receive the first four donation letters and wish to see copies of the receipts, just let me know. I'm juggling lists right now: email, WhatsApp, Facebook msg. and Instagram. 

It was thrilling to see this Mexico News Daily article written by Ann Marie Jackson, a team member of our project. Please have a look, and if you hit a paywall, just keep scrolling until you see an option to read it without a subscription. 




And as always, if you wish to stop receiving this blog, please reply with "unsubscribe" in the subject. I wish you a Happy Chinese New Year, a soul fulfilled, a heart with space to hold all the love coming your way, and the inspiration to create peace at every turn.



Comments

Amy Gardner said…
I want to sew an eye. What size square please? Amy Gardner, Patzcuaro
Sher Davidson said…
Hola Lena, My daughter, who is a quilter and embroidery buff, and I both want to sew a square with an eye. Please let us know
the size needed. I miss being in San Miguel and having the chance to stop by your studio and say hello! I love the work you are
doing! We must all find ways to help during these tragic times. Your project is maravilloso!
Look forward to hearing back from you. You can call me at 503-957-4370, text me or email me at davidsonsher@icloud.com

Abrazos,
Sher

P.S. Remember when we first met years ago, I said I was writing a book with the main character's name being Lena? Well it was published last year: Dark Secrets, A Legacy of Memories from 1939 Sweden

Popular Posts