Lena Bartula - Faces of the Migrants (Los Rostros de los Migrantes)

Comments

emy said…
Your narration of these migrant pieces totally brought them to life for me. I especially appreciate how much of yourself, heart and soul, went into the meditation that made each of them so remarkably unique.
I cringe, sometimes feel like puking, when I hear or read negative remarks about migrants. They do not make this trek for fun, it is for survival.
I look forward to seeing them in person, very soon. Thank you and all the artists who make a difference with their loving, amazing works.
Kathryn Jordan said…
Lena,
This talk me encanta mucho! From the discussion of the weird synchronicity of Nike marketing to wearing Crocs across the Darian Gap, I was completely absorbed. Thank you, too, for sharing how the alchemy of transformation of pain and suffering works.
As you say, people who actually work toward change, however small their part (and all our parts are necessarily small) can feel joy in concentrating and focusing on those we want to help. Great Carlos Fuentes quote!! Thank you for your work.

Lena Bartula said…
I just finished watching this! Lena, I am so moved by your contributions to this incredibly important exhibit whose theme is so near and dear to my heart. I loved hearing how each piece came to be! I will share this video far and wide! Art with a Purpose is so important and there are few who excel at it like you do!
–La Abogada del Pueblo
Lena Bartula said…

We are all aware that the migrant situation worldwide has become an appalling. It seems there is no way to express in words how sad this world situation is. That you have found a way to evoke deep emotions through your artwork speaks volumes to the injustices that these migrants and their families go through. -Lynda Watson, CA

cj romano said…
Even having seen several of these works over the last year or so, Lena's presentation taught me the depth of intention she gives to each one, creating layered messages from the original parts and pieces given to her - not only the "things" but the personal energies imbued within that speak to Lena profoundly, intimately. xc
Lena Bartula said…
Thank you to La Abogada and Lynda Watson for persisting, even though they could not get their comments to be accepted. No idea why, but I have posted for them, and appreciate their words. Same to Emy, Kathryn, and C.J. all of you have written such wonderful comments, I'm deeply grateful for having touched you in a deep way.

Popular Posts