A SPACE - FOR EVERYTHING!

When I first opened La Huipilista Artspace in 2017, I envisioned it as a space for MORE THAN an art gallery. ART, yes, but I also wanted to be available to whatever else might want to come in. Since then, this has been a gathering space for other artists, poets, writers, workshops, pop-ups, trunk shows, residencies, art talks, and more. All this, while I still make and exhibit my own art and endeavor to show it outside of this space.

As 2022 will soon bring a 5-year anniversary to celebrate, I want to say how much I hope to continue exploring how this space can be of service, in the community at large. Covid certainly has slowed down our gatherings, and well, it's been pretty quiet around here since 2020. Even as other variants now try to stall our sense of community, I renew my efforts to bring in all that a space can expand to hold. In August, and again in September, we will host workshops like this, something you might not imagine would be part of an artspace. 

For sure, I believe that the art of living and the art of dying are compatible and related in every way. I welcome the Elisabeth Kubler-Ross workshop on Aug.10 and if you didn't sign up in time for this one, you can catch the next one in September. 

Other coming events are art workshops, textile talks and sales, and a surprise jewelry pop-up to be announced. All will respect whatever masking up and social distancing is required, as we can't guess how things are going to be in a month, or two or three. Let's keep being safe, taking care of ourselves and each other, and remember to enjoy life, artfully and gratefully. If you're interested in any of the events, or have ideas for gatherings you'd like to see here, be sure to send me an email: lenabartula@gmail.com; and if at any time you wish to unsubscribe from this blog newsletter, just send an email and let us know. 




Comments

Popular Posts