EXHIBITION CALENDAR 2014

It is so rewarding and exciting to see laid out before me, this path of bliss which of course includes two of my favorite passions: art and travel. You are invited to join me in any of these locations in 2014:

Feb. 4 - 16, Museo Ixchel, Guatemala City
Mar. 1 - 31, Biblioteca Henestrosa, Oaxaca City
Jul. 5 - Aug. 3, Santo Domingo, Antigua, Guate.



All three exhibitions will have the same title, HUIPILES CONTEMPORANEOS, and all will have some of the same works depending on the space variations. Each venue will allow for at least one installation, which will be done on-site according to materials available. 

The first exhibition, Museo Ixchel, houses one of the most varied and extensive collections of huipils anywhere. Check out their website: http://www.museoixchel.org/ and if you happen to be in Antigua during those two weeks, you really must spend some time seeing their collection and the renovations. When I get a firm date for the opening reception, I'll post it for all to see. We plan on hiring a shuttle from Antigua for it, to make it really easy and fun for visitors.


Comments

emy said…
....nice to have dates, now i can plan my visits .... NOT to be in your way.

what are you doing in june?
Lena Bartula said…
Thanks Ezshwan. Will you be going with the Vagabundos?
Lena Bartula said…
Thanks Ezshwan. Will you be going with the Vagabundos?
Ciao Lena!
Would you consider writing a post for my blog re: what you do with huipiles? I really enjoy your work!
cynthia
art for housewives
Lena Bartula said…
Yes, Cynthia, I'd be interested. I've been traveling alot and getting ready to head to Guatemala just now. But I will write something up soon. I'm so happy you like my work, thank you!

Popular Posts