SHE'S BAAAAAAACK

Where does the time go when it flies? When I was on my sabbatical, I not only didn't make art, I forgot to blog about art as well! OK, it's time. Remember those Mexican heroes wearing lovely huipiles in my Revolution series? Altered, handpainted photo transfer monotypes. 



They are now on display at a new gallery I recently joined, HAPPENINGS, at Mesones 57 here in San Miguel. You are all invited to stop in and have a look, and maybe even a chat if you come when I'm working there on Wednesdays beginning next week. Yes, I am back to making art, although half my time will still be dedicated to Mariposas San Miguel. 

I am also working on three Muñecas de Cartón for an invitational exhibition opening in February, 2013 at El Museo la Esquina. Sor Juana has not left the studio lately, if that gives you any hints. I'm also working towards a solo show at Galeria 6 in Pozos again, opening March 2013. The theme for this show is "water" and I am considering the title "Como Agua en Mayo." And I hope to keep up my blog more regularly.

Comments

Popular Posts